What you need to know to see clearly and to enjoy stronger, healthier eyes as well as improved health no matter what your age is, it`s the importance of lutein and its health benefits, If you wear glasses or suffer from vision loss, then you may already have heard of this natural substance a carotenoid pigment that is found in many of the plants that we eat.
It is a powerful antioxidant that protect your body against cellular damages. Lutein and another ,carotenoid zeaxanthin are the most important carotenoids found in the macula the central part of the retina that is responsible for straight ahead vision.
Studies have shown that people who have poor central vision or blurry vision have low levels of lutein and zeaxanthin in the macula. Unfortunately these carotenoids are not produced by the body so the only way to get them would be to ingest them through foods that we eat or to take supplements.
Lutein Health Benefits Are More Than Just For Eyes
- It protects your delicate macula and retina to maintain central vision and night vision
- Fights free radicals from zeroing in on your eyes
- Maintains lens focus for sharp, clear vision
- Filters out the sun`s harmful radiation for healthy eyes
- Improves memory
- Helps prevent thickening of the carotid artery in the neck
- Reduces inflammation of LDL cholesterol in arteries walls
- Helps prevent cataracts,and macular degeneration
- Can lower risk of osteoarthritis in the knees
Foods That Contain lutein
red seedless grapes,broccoli,brussels sprouts, turnip greens,collards, spinach, kale,corn, corn meal, romaine lettuce, Japanese persimmons , zucchini,eggs